Monday, February 09, 2004

October 2003:

The Euro is sitting at 1.20 Euro to the USD. I love Europe. Spain, Ireland, the Netherlands, and France were under my belt and I wanted to go back in February of 2004. Airfare is ridiculously high, too high. I want to see Prague, Italy, Germany, Eastern Europe, but can’t justify spending 20% more, at least. (Brief political rant – Thanks for the strong dollar policy GW)

Where to go? How about the other side of the world? Airfare to Thailand, $800. A little prohibitive, but then I check hotel prices. $20 per night with breakfast included. Hell, I can make up the cost of the airfare and hotel to Europe by going to Southeast Asia.

How little did I know that this trip was going to be one of the most life altering experiences I have faced in my 33 years on this planet.