Thursday, April 07, 2005

So what's new?

Thursday April 7th, 2005 Chicago, IL

No too much to report travelwise. I'm making a domestic trip next month to D.C. for the Cubs and Nationals at RFK Stadium. I need to get my airline ticket for the trip and will probably buy next week. I fully expect due to the price of oil and in turn jet fuel prices to be paying upwards of $200 for the flight.

Job opportunities in Thailand:

On the job front in Thailand, I had a response from our affiliate company in Thailand and they are not hiring. I received contacts that headhunt in insurance in Thailand and haven't heard anything yet. I'll start to bother them next week when I have time.

My return trip to Thailand

Tentatively scheduled to start on the 16th of November during my jobs "slower" season, I'm going to have to take time off unpaid (rpobably 10 days or so). I don't think that it will be much of a factor since I want to be able to go to Vietnam and Laos, and I'm saving like crazy to make of for the lost income during those two weeks. Well, at least Vietnam. I think that I'll have the time to look for permanent employment there, but I have a couple other irons in the fire that may make this a lot easier for me.

1060west.net

1060west.net is a new internet venture that two partners and I have started. It has evolved from the 1060west.blogspot.com site and will be offering a lot of cool stuff for Cub fans as we get into the season.

Currently, we are offering a ticket give away for the month of April. If you submit a comment on the blog and include your e-mail address with the comment, you'll be entered into a drawing for two tickets for the 7/3 Cubs vs Nationals game at beautiful Wrigley Field.

We've got a lot of work ahead, but we have a good feeling that this site will take off. Now we just have to get all of the behind the scenes work done before the site goes live (hopefully at the end of this month).

Check out the site if your a fan and put down a post. If you're not, check out the site and tell your friends that are Cub fans about it.

That's all for today. I probably will have a few photos from the weekend at the Friendly Confines and hopefully, will be able to post video from the ballpark. I've got an early day tomorrow as I have to wait in the cold for tickets. Its never Opening Day unless you're freezing your ass off.