Thursday, April 21, 2005

Something Different - The Ibizan Sunset

In 2001, I made my first trips overseas. That summer, I went to Ibiza, a small island off the coast of Spain in the Mediterranean which is world renown for clubbing, partying and getting baked in the Summer sun. This was my first exposure to Europe and I fell in love with the sunsets and the mix of several different European cultures.

These photos were taken two years later in 2003. I decided to make a return trip to Ibiza and see if I still could hack partying all night and sleeping in the sun all day. Truth be told, I couldn't. I loved the nightlife, but as a 31 year old, its best left for the young kids. I do love the sunsets there and people all over the island make the trip to the San Antonio side of the island to see the sun come down. These were take on one of those evenings. You kind of have to hike a bit to find a spot that doesn't have too many other vacationers since there are bars that are built on the beach just for the sunset. One of the most famous is Cafe Del Mar.

It was kind of a sad realization that I probably would never go back to Ibiza as there were other places on the earth to see and the sun sets there also. Anyway, enjoy...




Posted by Hello


Posted by Hello


 Posted by Hello


 Posted by Hello


 Posted by Hello


 Posted by Hello



 Posted by Hello