Thursday, February 09, 2006

Inside the Reunification Palace

I'm breaking these photos down into about three to four separate posts. When I toured the Reunification Palace, I took over 100 photos. In most of the posts, I'll have a photo of the room description and then that room below the photo.

That was one of the features of the building itself and aside from the added signage, there really aren't a lot of changes to the building probably since April 30th, 1975.


A model of the presidential compoundPosted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


A view of one of the gardens in the back of the palace.Posted by Picasa


This is a conference room. I forgot to get a photo of the room description for this one.Posted by Picasa


I tried about 5-6 times to get a decent photo of this bust of Ho Chi Minh, but couldn't get any closer than this. You can't see it from the photos, but there are velvet ropes up to prevent you from going into the room and I wasn't about to cross them just for the sake of a photo.Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa