Monday, December 06, 2004

Shave and a Haircut...350 baht

Monday December 5th, 2004 Bangkok, Thailand

I usually cut my hair myself every three weeks or so. I had cut it about two weeks prior to leaving, so my hair was getting all shaggy and needed to cut it. I spoke to a woman that ran the hair salon next to the bar whether she had clippers to cut my hair; she did, so I finally stopped by in the afternoon.

I guess there isn't anything too special about getting your hair cut and in Bangkok it was really no different. I did make the slight mistake in having my hair cut with the wrong guard which made my hair much shorter than I'm used to. One interesting thing from the cut was the use of a straight razor to shape the back and the sides. Scary.

Next, I got a shave which wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I kept my eyes closed because I thought the straight razor was coming out. I do believe that a new disposable razor was used (whew, no Hep B scare). I'd say that the shave was as close as I could get by myself.

Total cost for both 350 Baht.

I also decided to get a full body massage since I had never had one. I decided to get a traditional Thai massage which lasted for 2 hours. I had a 50 kilo girl just beat me up, but felt as relaxed as I could when she was finished. The massage was 500 baht and since I didn't know if I would get back for another beating later, I tipped her 300 baht. I hope this place lasts until I get back in February, because I'd really like to get one the day after I return to Bangkok. Guess I have to keep my fingers crossed.