Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The trip to Wat Arun and a few statues

Thanks to the day off yesterday, I had a chance to start posting some of my photos. These are from my trip to Wat Arun. I wound up taking a longtail boat (an obviously long boat with a auto engine driving the propeller) over to the wat instead of trying to figure out the water taxi system. The round trip cost me about $10-$12 from my best recollection. I know that I did have to negotiate a bit, but in the end just wanted to get there and make sure that I had a way back.

One additional item that I neglected to realize was the docking fee at the Wat. I'm sure there are other ways to get there by auto, but arriving by the river was neat and I got a few good photos out of it.

This first set of photos is the trip on the river to the wat and some of the statues around the grounds. Enjoy.

 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa

 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa