Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Mae Sot

Tuesday April 11th, 2006 Bangkok, Thailand

Quick update as I need to get some sleep.

I hate jetlag. I woke up today early and just couldn't stay awake. Of course tonight, I'll be wide awake. I'll have to take matters into my own hands tomorrow.

I'm leaving for Mae Sot, a town in the mountains of Northern Thailand close to the Myanmar border for Songkran and to see a friend of mine and meet her family. I'm looking forward to getting out early as most Thais in Bangkok head home for the holiday which runs from approximately the 13th to the 15th. After that, I'm on my way to Chaing Mai and then back to Bangkok, probably by next week.

I have no definite plans except that I need to be back in Bangkok by the 23rd to go home.

Weather here is great. Very hot, and very, very humid.

My Thai language skill although better improved, still needs a lot of work. Anyway, off to bed.