Thursday, March 03, 2005

TIme to get out...

Thursday, March 3rd, 2005 Chicago, IL 257 days to go.

I did it, finally did it. I sent an e-mail to my bosses indicating my desire to go to Bangkok, permanently. This has been a decision that I've agonized over my entire time in Thailand. Several times I asked myself "Why exactly am I going back?"

Well, I'm now decicated to getting out and that's it. I'm tired of cold, corrupt Chicago and would rather be in hot, corrupt Bangkok. Its the decision of a lifetime. My initial plan is to get a transfer with my current company and stay there a couple years. I'm excited about going because if it does come to fruition I'll be able to travel throughout Asia for vacations.

What do I need to do in the mean time is study, study, and study Thai. I was lucky to get a software program for Thai when I was in Bangkok, now I just have to spend the time studying. Whenever I can find the time that is...

Ok, I owe a lot from the last trip. I wasn't realy near a computer except for two days and thus the lack of updates. I'll start working on that this weekend. I don't have any photos, but still have my impressions of someone now more familiar with Thailand.