Thursday, October 27, 2005

The World Series is Over

Thankfully. The Sox won with a sweep. Congrats. I have no feelings about a Sox championship. I root for the Cubs and as a Cub fan, I'm pissed. They were 5 outs away from getting there in 2003 and lost. They blew a chance to make the playoffs in '04 and never had a chance in '05.

2006? Who knows? I'm too embittered right now to think they have a shot, but fortunes can change year to year. I have to think happy thoughts. Wisconsin is 7-1 with 4 games to play and the Redskins are 4-2 and are starting to look like they could make a run.

I'd love to see the Redskins make the playoffs. They haven't been there since 1991 when they went to the Superbowl. I can't believe that they have been this bad for so long. Does every team that I root for stink this badly?

I've got 20 days to go. I should start packing at least most shorts can go in my bag already. I don't think that I'll be seeing warm weather any time soon around here.

Till tomorrow. Maybe I'll post a photo or something.