Sunday, February 20, 2005

Massage time

Sunday February 20th, 2005 Bangkok, Thailand

A week to go. I'm already slightly depressed. I spent the rest of the night playing cards until the wee hours of the morning. Learned a couple new Thai card games, one was three card poker essentially. I cleaned up. I think that Oh was a little surprised that I beat her so handily in our last three hands and a little pissed. Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, but the Thai people love to play cards.

Once again another early morning that ended with the two of us talking till the sunrise. Mental note, get a room on the West side of the hotel next time.

Oh and I got a little lunch late in the afternoon and hit the bar to play some pool. I'm not terrible at pool, but when I play against Oh, I get my ass kicked on a consistent basis. Sometimes it becomes a bit embarrassing.

I was a little sore from traveling, so we went to go get a massage. Thai massage is what I would describe as a painful experience that leaves you relaxed. We decided on two hours for the both of us which I think was about 1,000 Baht with tip (about $27 USD). I strained my elbow picking up my suitcase and it was still real stiff, so the girl that was working on me took it as a personal challenge to straighten out my arm. Big mistake. I was on the verge of tears a couple times as she worked me over. I tried to keep my cool, but finally relented and said that it was "ok" and she could move on.

I'm not sure if that the pain is the way the massage is supposed to go or that because I'm a bigger guy, they decide to really work on my muscles a lot harder. Either way, it was painful followed by being pretty relaxed.

6 Days to go before I go back. Why do I have to?