Saturday, November 20, 2004

Jet lag - The Vacation Killer or Friend of the Lazy?

Saturday 10:15 AM Bangkok, Thailand:

Well, yesterday was a complete bust. Woke up late,
missed free breakfast (amazingly, free breakfast is
pretty good if you remember to eat fruit and
cereal.)and decided to make it a blow off day.

After posting yesterday, I decided to hang out at a
bar and grab a couple beverages. Good old 6% alcohol
Singha. I think it happened like this yesterday:

(Door bell ringing): Ding, Dong

Me: Who's there? (opening the door) Mother Alcohol,
come on in...

Thannkfully today all I plan on doing is going to Hua
Lamphong Station



I made reservations for a night train to Surat Thani
to leave tomorrow night and need to pick them up
before 4:00 PM tomorrow. Since I plan on doing nothing
today, why not get it done in advance. Also, this
gives me the opportunity to check out the new Bangkok
subway system that opened this summer. For all of you
reading from Chicago, Bangkok's mass transit system
puts Chicago to shame. I'll try and get a few photos,
but won't be able to post until after I get back
probably.

That's all for today. I'm still planning on checking
out Muay Thai this evening. I think matches start at
8:30PM.

Coming up - The Night Train or Why Didn't I Just Pay
the $150 Dollars and Fly to Koh Samui?

Go Badgers beat those damn corn eating Hawkeyes...